We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Beef mince
This well-flavoured chilli may take over 4 hours to cook, but the results are really worth it. Serve with rice, tortilla chips, corn bread or over jacket potatoes.
35 people made this
- 1kg minced beef
- 3 (400g) tins chopped tomatoes
- 150g tomato puree
- 1 (330ml) bottle beer
- 500ml beef stock (or 500ml water and 2 beef stock cubes)
- 3 (410g) tins kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark brown soft sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:4hr ›Ready in:4hr15min
- Place minced beef in a large, deep pot (of at least 5 litre capacity). Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown, crumbling meat as it cooks.
- Add all other ingredients to pot. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to very low and simmer 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Flavour develops as it cooks, so don't skimp on time!
If it tastes too spicy at the beginning of cooking, don't panic, the heat mellows out and is absorbed into the beans. Always best the next day.
This chilli can easily be made in a slow cooker. Brown meat and onions on the hob first, then add all ingredients into the slow cooker, stir and cook on high 3 hours and low another 5-7 hours.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(15)
Reviews in English (15)
I have made this countless times and i cannot recommend enough!! I also add 500grms of stewing steak-11 May 2013
i have made this time and time again, each time i make a huge pot and give some to family and friends, i always like to try other peoples chilli recipes and this is Fab with a capital F.-23 Aug 2012
Now that is a chilli! HOT! Well worth the 4 hours plus cooking time. The flavour is lovely. Go to the butchers and ask for some of the better quality lean minced beef they do. Works well with half minced beef and half flank/stewing/chuck steak cut up into mouth sized chunks NOT minced! Tremendous.-06 Dec 2010