We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Chicken and rice
- Chicken risotto
This is such an easy chicken, pumpkin and spinach risotto to make. If you have any leftover chicken in the fridge from a roast, this is a great way to use it.
12 people made this
- 100g pumpkin, cubed
- 1 chicken breast fillet, cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 750ml chicken stock
- 60g baby spinach
- 185g arborio rice
- 30g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- Boil the pumpkin until just tender.
- In a large saucepan, fry the chicken and onion with 1 tablespoon of the oil until browned. Place aside in bowl when cooked.
- Bring chicken stock to the boil in small saucepan, the stock needs to be hot when you add it to the rice.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the saucepan, add rice and fry for 3 minutes. Keep stiring the coat the rice evenly.
- Stiring all the time, add a ladle of stock to rice. Bring to the boil. Keep adding the stock a ladle at a time, but make sure the stock is being absorbed by the rice in between each extra addition of stock. You want your rice to be soft on the outside with a crunchy middle.
- Your rice should still have some remaining liquid at the last stage of adding all the stock. Now add your spinach and chicken, then finally add the pumpkin.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(6)
Reviews in English (6)
This is easy to make, I put a little extra chicken in mine. It's very tasty. It would be easy to reduce or increase portion size. I've also frozen some, defrosted it making sure it was reheated properly. Again it still tasted great. Have ago yourself.-06 Feb 2015
Altered ingredient amounts.Added 1 1/2 cup extra of stock and reduced the heat to a low simmer cause the rice was still raw after adding all 3 cups of stock-23 Jun 2011(Review from this site AU | NZ)
My family really liked this dish. I did add mushrooms to the dish which gave it more taste. Also I used smoked chicken as I wanted to use it up, gave it a nice taste.-02 May 2014(Review from this site AU | NZ)