We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Chicken curry
- Butter chicken
A fantastic version of North Indian butter chicken! Super simple to prepare and always a winner. Simply defrost, reheat and cook the chicken as stated, finishing with the cream.
9 people made this
- 1kg chicken (use whatever cut you like)
- 1/3 jar tandoori paste
- 6 cloves
- 8 cardamon seeds (not pods)
- 5 black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- butter for frying
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 (400g) tins plum tomatoes (or 6 fresh tomatoes)
- salt to taste
- 300ml cream
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:1hr10min
- Marinate chicken in tandoori paste for 2 hours or overnight.
- To make the spice mix: put cloves, cardamon seeds and peppercorns in the mortar and pestle and crush, then add cinnamon, white pepper and dark brown soft sugar.
- To make the sauce: cook onion with ginger and garlic in butter till well browned. Add the spice mix and a pinch of salt plus tomatoes and tomato puree; I use a stick blender to mix the sauce, then let simmer and reduce for 15-20 minutes.
- Simmer the chicken in the sauce till cooked, then stir in cream. Serve with rice and naan.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(0)
Reviews in English (1)
Used different ingredients.I used chicken and beef in this recipe. Very easy to make and looks and tastes just like a restaurant dish!-25 Apr 2011