We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
This is a winter favourite with my family due to the fact it's hearty, and full of flavour the recipe makes enough for a second helping for those that want to come back for another bowl.
87 people made this
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated root ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 celery sticks, diced
- 3 courgette, diced
- 2 (400g) tins chopped Italian tomatoes
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1.2 litres water
- 150g dried macaroni pasta
- 2 (400g) tins cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:30min ›Extra time:45min › Ready in:1hr30min
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add onions, garlic, ginger, carrots and celery, cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in courgette, tomatoes, stock and water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft and the soup has thickened.
- Add the macaroni, and cook for 5 minutes (stir to make sure the macaroni doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot).
- Stir in the cannellini beans, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Spoon into serving bowls, with crusty bread on the side.