We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
- Chocolate chip cookies
If you like your cookies soft but not floury, these are for you. Try using M&Ms, Smarties, chopped white chocolate, etc. Note that they firm well when cooled, so if you like soft cookies you may want to take them out of the oven a tad on the early side.
142 people made this
- 250g self-raising flour
- 170g butter, melted
- 185g dark brown soft sugar
- 110g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 325g plain chocolate chips
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, dark brown soft sugar and caster sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted flour until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop big, round tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared baking trays, leaving plenty of room for spreading.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking trays for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Chocolate chip cookie video
Watch our easy step-by-step video and see How to make chocolate chip cookies that are soft, chewy and gorgeous every time!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(58)
Reviews in English (59)
Altered ingredient amounts.I only used half the chocolate chips and this was plenty.-07 Dec 2010
Altered ingredient amounts.only put 100g choc chips 325g was way to much-02 Jun 2011
The family loved these cookies. So easy to make and tasted fantastic-01 Dec 2010