We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
Oyster sauce, fresh ginger, garlic and red chillies add some Chinese inspiration to green beans.
42 people made this
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small knobs root ginger, minced
- 1 dried red chilli
- 350g (12 oz) fresh green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:20min
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat oil over medium high heat. Stir in the garlic, ginger and chilli. As the garlic and ginger begin to sweat, add beans, toss to mix, cover and reduce heat. Steam for 5 to 8 minutes. Add a few tablespoons of water if necessary.
- Remove cover, increase heat to high; add soy and oyster sauce and stir for two minutes more or until sauce thickens. Serve warm.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(45)
Reviews in English (34)
This dish was fabulous. I didn't have fresh ginger so I substituted ground ginger and I added more than a "pinch" of red pepper. This was so good I made it three days in a row.-22 Dec 2001
This is good! A nice change and an interesting way to use green beans. Because of what I had on hand, I made some alterations -- ground instead of fresh ginger; pinch 'a cayenne instead of red chile pepper; and omitted the oyster sauce. Still a good side dish, and I will make again. Thanks.-10 Dec 2004