- Dish type
- No cook starters
A houmous with no beans? Am I mad? Probably! This houmous is smooth, slightly sweet and garlicky, yet being light and fresh at the same time. I had to stop myself eating it all with carrot sticks!
1 person made this
IngredientsMakes: 250 g
- 1 medium courgette
- 40g dried sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated
- 60g tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or dried parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1-2 tablespoons paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small pinch crushed chillies (optional)
MethodPrep:10min ›Ready in:10min
- Pop the courgette, sun-dried tomatoes, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, garlic and paprika into the bowl of a food processor. Blitz until relatively smooth and well combined, scraping down the bowl when necessary.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and crushed chillies, blitz again until well combined. Allow to sit for a few hours in the refrigerator to develop the flavours. Serve with pita bread, vegetable sticks, crackers or anything you fancy. Enjoy!