- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
- Stuffed chicken breasts
- Feta stuffed chicken breast
Chicken breasts are stuffed with mediterranean ingredients, including feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and kalamata olives, then baked. This dish will go well with couscous, tabbouleh and/or a Greek salad.
29 people made this
- 75ml lemon juice
- 75ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 (175g) skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 115g feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil from the sun-dried tomatoes or extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 strips of roasted red pepper
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:30min ›Extra time:30min marinating › Ready in:1hr30min
- Whisk together the lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, Italian seasoning, paprika and lemon zest in a bowl. Pound the chicken breasts between sheets of cling film to a thickness of 1cm. Marinate the chicken in the lemon marinade at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, stir together the feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, and 1 tablespoon of oil in a small bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Divide the stuffing mixture onto each piece of chicken. Fold the edges of the chicken over the filling, and secure with cocktail sticks. Place onto a baking dish, seam-side down and place two roasted pepper strips onto each stuffed breast.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink, about 30 minutes. Remember to remove the skewers before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
Made this for this evening's meal and it was delicious. Didn't change a thing as had all ingredients in fridge and cupboards. Served with couscous and vine tomatoes roasted with greek basil, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Will definately make again.-01 Aug 2010