- Dish type
- Chocolate cake
Yummy chocolate cake with yummy melted marshmallow and chocolate in the middle. Sprinkle with icing sugar if you like.
6 people made this
- 300g semi sweet chocolate or plain chocolate
- 60g butter
- 80g caster sugar or golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 115g plain flour
- 6 marshmallows
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:45min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a pan over very low heat, stir chocolate chips and butter until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour.
- Fill six buttered, floured ramekins about halfway. Press a marshmallow into the center of the batter in each ramekin. Spoon remaining batter equally over marshmallows, completely covering.
- Bake in the center the preheated oven until tops are puffed up and crackly, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool about 10 minutes, then run a knife along inside of ramekins and invert to release cakes. Place right side up on plates. Sprinkle tops with icing sugar, if desired. Serve warm.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
This turned out fine but I must have over baked it because all evidence of a marshmallow were gone. Still a rich and pretty treat. Thanks for sharing.-06 Jan 2015
I haven't made these but they sound great. What size marshmallows. Mini ones or the ones you can toast around a fire on a stick?-15 May 2014