- Oily fish
- Salmon fillet
This salmon dish is simple to make and tastes fantastic. Serve with a salad, rice, potatoes or pasta.
65 people made this
- 125ml hot red pepper sauce
- 110g dark brown soft sugar or to taste
- 30g butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (900g) boneless salmon fillet
- 4 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:30min ›Extra time:30min marinating › Ready in:1hr15min
- Stir together the hot sauce, dark brown soft sugar, butter, honey and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously for 3 to 4 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is well blended. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Coat a baking dish with olive oil. Poke holes in the salmon with a fork, then place into the dish. Pour reserved sauce over the fish, top with spring onions and season with salt and pepper. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- Bake salmon in preheated oven, uncovered, until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 25 minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(65)
Reviews in English (50)
by Sam Z
This is flat out unbelievable!! I added an extra tablespoon of brown sugar (my wife doesn't like it very spicy)and used Crystal Hot Sauce. The combination of hot sauce and brown sugar makes a wonderful glaze. I didn't know hot sauce and brown sugar went so well together. DEFINATELY WILL MAKE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-12 Jun 2007
by Angela in KC
OMG! By far, the best salmon dish that I have ever eaten!! This recipe exceeds all other restaurant salmon, too! My sister came in town to visit and rather than go out to eat in frigid temps, we stayed in and made this dish---we were blown away by how great it tasted. Don't be intimidated by the amount of hot sauce...it really mellows with the baking. I will be adding this to my regular dishes. My kids didn't mind being guinea pigs with this recipe!-30 Jan 2008
this was just delicious! I took a little less sugar and butter to reduce the calories but it was still great. I also added a little fresh ginger, which made it even better. Thanks for the recipe!-06 Jul 2007